Find the latest Windows news of FIX: Microsoft Store missing in Windows 11/10. (Solved) – wintips.org . Available via Thirty5Tech News Section which was published and made available by Windtips. . All news located here are for information and educational purpose to let you know the consumer, whats going on around the tech industry. All information news technology is brought to you by Thirty5Tech a New York City computer repair service provider which gets it’s news from third party party news source.. If you like the news below, Feel free to visit the source of the link for more information or to continue reading FIX: Microsoft Store missing in Windows 11/10. (Solved) – wintips.org from their main source.
If Microsoft Store app is missing in Windows 11/10, continue below to fix the problem. The latest Windows operating systems is incomplete without the Microsoft Store. The Microsoft Store, also known as the “Windows Store”, is an online marketplace where users can buy Microsoft products (e.g. Xbox consoles, Surface PC/Tablets, etc.), or download software such as apps and games.
Of course, as with all Microsoft applications, the Microsoft Store can present its own problems. For example, several Windows 10 users reported that the Microsoft Store was missing once they upgraded their computer to Windows 11. In other cases, installing updates affected the Microsoft Store, causing it to not work properly or to not open at all.
If you can’t find Microsoft Store in the list of applications in Windows 11/10 and it doesn’t even appear in the search results, then in this guide you will find two (2) different methods to re-register and reinstall Microsoft Store on your system.
How to re-Install Microsoft Store on Windows 10/11 OS if it is missing or not working properly.
Method 1. Re-register or reinstall Microsoft Store using PowerShell.
One of the reasons why the Microsoft Store app may be missing is because the app is damaged or corrupted. In such a case, we can use Powershell to re-register and to reinstall Microsoft Store. *
* Note: This method applies when the Microsoft Store installation packages are NOT missing or corrupted. If the installer packages are damaged, follow the steps in method-2 to fix the problem.
1. Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator. To do that:
- Click at Start menu and in search bar type powershell
- Then click Run as Administrator.
2. In PowerShell window, copy and paste the command below and press Enter.
- Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”
3. Once the command above has been executed, reboot your computer.
4. After restarting, check if Microsoft Store is restored and start it. If the Windows Store is still missing, go to the next step to reinstall all built-in applications and the Microsoft Store in Windows.
5. Open PowerShell as Administrator and give this command to reinstall all Windows Store applications:
- Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”
6. Wait for the command to be completed, close Powershell and restart the PC. Microsoft Store should be back on the PC. *
* Note: If for some reason the Powershell command failed to execute for any reason or the Microsoft Store is still missing after restart, this indicates that the required installer appx package to install MS Store is damaged. At this case, follow the steps in method-2 below.
Method 2. Install Microsoft Store using Installer Packages.
The following steps will help you to reinstall the Microsoft Store even if all or some of the packages required for its installation (aka “Appx packages”) are damaged or missing.
Step 1. Download the Required Packages to install Windows Store.
1. Visit store.rg-adguard.net to download the required appx installer packages to install Microsoft Store.*
* Note: store.rg-adguard.net is an online link generator to download Microsoft Store applications if you cannot use Microsoft Store.
2a. Paste the link below in the search box that appears on the webpage.
2b. Select Retail from the dropdown and then click the Tick button to generate the direct download link
3. Scroll down to display all the direct download links for all Microsoft Store’s installer packages.
4. Now go ahead and download all four (4) installation packages listed below:*
1. Make sure that the “.appx” extension is included at the end of each package except for “WindowsStore” that ends with “.appxbundle”
2. If you want to reinstall Microsoft Store on 32bit Windows, download the x86 versions of the above packages.
3. If you cannot download a file after clicking on-it, then right-click and select Save as.
Step 2. Install Microsoft Store.
1. Once you have downloaded all the packages, go ahead and install them one by one, in the order you downloaded them. (The “*WindowsStore*.appxbundle” should be the last.)*
1. If during the installation of any package you encounter the error “App installation failed with error message: error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed…“, ignore that package and install the next one. Probably, that package is still valid and might be in use by other apps on the PC.
2. If during the installation of the package “WindowsStore.appxbundle”, you receive the message “A newer version of Microsoft Store is already installed“, download and install the most recent version of “WindowsStore.appxbundle” package.
2. Once you install all the packages, check if Windows Store is working. If Windows Store is still no working or missing, proceed to the next step below.
Step 3. Completely Remove and Reinstall Windows Store using PowerShell.
1. Open PowerShell As Administrator and give the following command to uninstall Microsoft Store (Windows Store):
- Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
2. Now proceed and install all the downloaded Microsoft Store installer packages, by using this command:*
- Add-AppxPackage -Path “x:\Path\filename.appx“
1. Replace x:\Path\filename.appx with the path and the filename of the package you want to install.**
2. Don’t forget to install the “WindowsStore .appxbundle” last.
** For example: To install the “Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework” package:
a. Navigate to your downloads location.
b. Right-click on the downloaded package and select Copy as path.
c. In PowerShell window, after Add-AppxPackage -Path “, press CTRL + V to paste the copied path and type “. When the command looks like the below, press Enter:
- Add-AppxPackage -Path “C:\Users\username\Downloads\Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx”
3. After you have installed all the four (4) packages you downloaded, the Microsoft Store should come back to your device.
* Note: If you encounter the error “Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use” at the installation of any package, ignore it and continue to install the next package. Probably, that package is still valid and might be in use by other apps on the PC. (This error is common when installing the “VCLibs” package).
That’s it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
Visit here to continue reading or for main source of information. Source link