Find the latest Windows news of Windows 11’s July 2022 Android Subsystem update adds new features . Available via Thirty5Tech News Section which was published and made available by Windows Latest. . All news located here are for information and educational purpose and to let you know the consumer whats going on around the tech industry. All information news technology is brought to you by Thirty5Tech a New York City computer repair service provider which gets it’s news from third party party news source.. If you like the news below, Feel free to visit the source of the link for more information or to continue reading Windows 11’s July 2022 Android Subsystem update adds new features from their main source.
Microsoft has been testing a big update for Windows 11’s Android Subsystem and July 2022’s feature update is now rolling out with tons of improvements. This release advances Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) to version 2205.40000.14.0 and it includes several new improvements to the platform.
Windows 11’s Android Subsystem integration is getting advanced networking support which enables app access to local devices for ARM hardware. This means apps can now take advantage of the functionality. Likewise, Microsoft is also adding support for two new features – IPv6 and VPN connectivity.
These new networking functionalities of the subsystem are available for everyone. Another new addition is improvements to the Settings app. As you’re probably aware, WSA comes with its own dedicated settings panel and Microsoft has made improvements to the Settings panel with today’s update.
Here’s the full changelog of the WSA July 2022 update for Windows 11:
- Microsoft has enabled Advanced Networking functionality. This provides app access to local network devices for ARM.
- The IP address of the VM has been updated and it’s now the same as the host/computer IP.
- Microsoft has fixed issues with maximizing or resizing.
- Microsoft has fixed scrolling issues with mouse and trackpad in apps.
- As part of privacy updates, Microsoft has confirmed that windows marked secure can no longer be screenshotted. This includes the incognito mode of Chrome.
- Microsoft is improving web browser launching.
- Enabled support for doze and app standby.
- Updated to Chromium WebView 101
- Microsoft has fixed app flickering and graphics corruption, video playback, issues with the network, and more. In fact, Microsoft claims the update increases the performance and reliability of connecting to virtual WiFi.
- Microsoft is improving video playback in apps and adding support for AV1 Codec.
- Enabled IPv6 and VPN Connectivity
- Microsoft has fixed video playback issues including a bug that can prevent the screen from turning off in Windows.
While several issues have been resolved in July 2022 update, Microsoft is still aware of a couple of known issues, including a bug where some VPNs may not work with Advanced Networking. You’ll run into issues if you use a VPN, but this can be fixed if you disable Advanced Networking in the settings app.
Visit here to continue reading or for main source of information. Source link